Friday, January 16, 2009

Hip Hop Hangover

First off, I must say that I am *trying* to work out some photography issues with my cards. I generally craft at night, and don't have natural light to work with, so I have been playing withe the white balance on my camera trying to get decent photos. I don't think I am there yet, but I will keep trying.

The first card is one that was created to fulfill the I {heart} Unity challenge that Jeanne posted during Hip Hop yesterday. This is the only love or heart stamp I have from unity.



I stamped the So & so loves stamp on watercolour paper using brown staz-on ink. Then I watercoloured the image using the watercolour wonder crayons from Stampin' Up! I wet my brush and picked up the colour from the crayons. This is my first ever attempt at watercolouring using the crayons, and I think it went okay.

The second challenge is a birthday card for Ms. Unity herself, the fabulous Angela!



This card uses the fantastic Cocktail Party set. The beverages are stamped with basic black ink, and coloured with SU markers. The "shadow" was created by colouring on a plastic case with a blue marker, then water colouring it on the image.



I rarely do anything inside my cards, but this seemed appropriate.

The lanterns at the top are stamped on velum, and embossed with black embossing powder. I then coloured them with SU markers, and used a wet brush to dilute the colour. They are cut out, and attached on pop dots.



You can kind of see the pop dots through the lanterns, but I don't mind it.

If you haven't already been there, make sure you visit Angela's blog to get the list of all of the Hip Hop Hangover participants.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for my contribution to Lauren's sketch challenge.

Let me know what you think of these cards. I love to hear what's on your mind.

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

These are so great!! I love them!!

Robynccgirl said...

Very cute! I love the birthday card for Angela!

Dawn M said...

those lanterns are adorable!

Rebecca said...

Great cards! Your "So and So" is just beautiful and the drink card - tooo sweet! What a great b-day card it is for Angela!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful birthday cards...

Heather said...

I love the heat stamp you used, it's great! Also, the lanterns look awesome. I totally thought they were somehow three-dimensional, and curvy!

Paola said...

Very cute cards. Love the colouring you did. Such fun.