Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cute as a Bug!

Lauren's sketch challenge this week is such an easy and versatile sketch.



I decided to pull out some much under-used Unity Stamps. Their stamps are HUGE, but this is one way to break them up and use them on a card.

I stamped the caterpillar from Buzzin Around, then punched out three sections of 1.25 inches to create the squares in the sketch. The background is was created with a flower stamp from the same set using versmark to create a watermark feel.



I coloured the sections of the caterpillar using a paint brush and the bashful blue ink. It was "pounced" on and gives kind of a sponged appearance, but with more control and the ability to get into smaller areas.

The antennae are made with some craft wire, and I love the whimsical feel of them.



I stamped the sentiment using a $1.50 set from Michael's. The "cute as a" is stamped off once, and the "bug" is at full strength to make it more prominent.

Please the new addition to the sketch challenge team for 2009, Kendra Wisenbaker. As well as the rest of the team.

Lauren Meader
Maria Levine
Dawn Easton
Kirsten Dubosque
Kristy Vernon
Kim Gasper
MacKenzie Bruckler
Alicia Weimen

3 comments:

DoxieGirl said...

So cute! I love the little antenna too and how you broke up the image! Too cute!
~Kendra

Alicia Weiman said...

The antenna just makes this card. Great job!

scrapologie said...

Hey Tamara, you won the giveaway on my blog (http://www.scrapologie.blogs.com) some time back. I was waiting to hear from you re:your addy. Please email me at ranjini@scrapologie.com when you can so I can send your prize to you! (Congrats!)
Ranjini