Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's never too early to make Christmas cards

The FABULOUS Lauren Meader posts a sketch challenge every Saturday, and I think this is the first one I have actually done. I *love* reading Lauren's blog not only because she is an amazingly talented designer, but also because of the emotion that goes into every post, and the way she draws people into her world.

Here is the sketch from this week.



You can find Lauren's card here.

I decided it is never too early to make Christmas cards, and I had these cute snowflake brads that would work instead of buttons, so here is my blue snowflake card.



The card base is Soft Sky, the matting is Night of Navy, and the one inch strip is Brilliant Blue. I stamped the snowflakes in Versamark, and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I sponged on ink in all three colours on the card (Sky, Navy and Brilliant Blue). I used a tissue to polish the paper, and remove the ink from the embossed images.



When I was photographing my card I noticed that this sketch also looks really good turned sideways.

Thanks for stopping by! If you try this sketch make sure you post a link on Lauren's blog.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

So glad to see you took on Lauren's sketch too! I agree that you can't start Christmas cards too early. This makes a fabulous sketch for a Christmas card. I love those snowflakes. My card for the sketch is http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/996356?cat=500&ppuser=15150
and it will be given away on my blog this Wednesday. I'd love you to let your blog readers know about it!

Catherine said...

way to go to start on your christmas cards...maybe i should start mine also. Love your both cards