Gina K releases new stamp sets every month, and there is a party in the forum at SCS. This month I was busy when the sets were released, and I almost forgot all about the sketch challenges that coincide with the release. So, I put my butt in gear, and completed three challenge cards this morning to try and get them in under the deadline.
The first one I did was a sketch from the fabulous Erika Martin.
I actually used quite a bit of Erika's influence on this card. I created an "ink pad" with paper towels and some bleach, and stamped the flowers from tag, you're it on real red cardstock using the bleach. I waited to see what colour would appear, and used that as my card base. I also swiped my red panel across the bleach pad after distressing the edges to add some more depth and a more distressed look.
The frame, and Thanks are also from tag, you're it and are stamped in real red on barely banana cardstock. The prima flower was yellow, and I wet it, then traced around the petals with my red Stampin' Up marker and let the colours bleed together.
You can find all of the cards made using this sketch here.