Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Way to Go Birthday

A co-worker with a great sense of humour turned 50 last week, and I thought it was the perfect occasion to break out the Gina K set Way to Go.

I used a card in the gallery designed by Carolyn King as my inspiration. (16 in the Way To Go gallery).




I used the numbers from the Ambassador Monogram Papertrey set to stamp 50 in versamark on the top half of the card.

The base is Chocolate Chip, and the layers are Really Rust. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink, then used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the word 'clean'. Then I cleaned the whole stamp and masked off the already stamped words and stamped again in Whisper White craft ink.

I wanted to use twill as the top layer instead of another strip of Chocolate Chip, but I couldn't find my twill in the mess that is my craft room.

All in all, I think it turned out okay, but I think I will do another similar card using twill as I had originally planned.

No comments: