Thursday, January 24, 2008

Valentine's Bella

I have lots of envelopes that I must have bought for some reason, but I haven't used in years. The envelopes are 6.25 x 3.75 in size, so I decided to make some cards that would fit in these envelopes.




This card is 6 1/8 x 3 1/2, but the front is only 3 inches wide. The base is Pixie Pink, and the second layer is Purely Pomegranate. I punched along the side with the Three for You punch, lining up the third flower on the card stock with the first flower in the punch to make sure they were all evenly spaced. Balloonabella was stamped in black stazon and coloured with the Pixie Pink, and Pink Passion Stampin' Write Markers. The sentiment (Wonderful Words) was stamped with basic black ink on Velum Paper and adhered with white brads.




When the card is open you can see the flowers that line up with the punched shapes on the front flap. I used Pixie Pink Stampin' Pastels to colour in the flowers when the card was closed, so that when it opened we could still see the flower. I used stickles to add some glitter to the centre of each flower.





When the card is closed the flowers show through, and there is a small white border visible.

Stay tuned for more cards of this size tomorrow.

No comments: