Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gina K sketches

Last night was the Gina K release party in their member forum at SCS. I joined late, and only stayed for about 30 minutes, but the pages of comments were flying up. This morning I was able to get some time to look at the sketch challenges, and complete all three :)

My coluzzle got quite the workout with the first two sketches.


Sketch 1 by Julie Koerber (Out to Impress)




I really like how this turned out with the band of "thanks". The scallops are circles that are punched out and taped to the back of the circle. The thanks stamp is from Papertrey, and the flower pot is from Gina K.


Sketch 2 by Erika Martin (Stampin Mama)



When I saw Erica's sketch I immidiately thought that the round bum of the hippo would fit in with the oval card she had designed.


I curved the sentiment from the Just so Hippy set to make it fit along the oval. I would have like to have curved it a bit more, but it wouldn't stay.


I stamped a second hippo and cut out the hips and popped them up to add dimension. I couldn't find my white gel pen, so I used my liquid applique to colour the tooth and toenails.

Sketch 3 by Joanne B. (Stamped by Hand)



Joanne's sample was very masculine, and I not only used the sketch, but her sample as inspiration.


Stampers often say it is difficult to make masculine cards, but this one was easy-peasy. The image is stamped with brown ink on Kraft cardstock. No colouring needed, as it fits with the simple and two-toned card.


This is a view from the top to show that the card is like a book where the jumbo brads create the binding, and the card opens from inside the line of brads.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! You've had a busy day of challenges! Great work on all three cards. You submitted them all over on splitcoast too right? I'm off to go check!

Good luck and thanks for playing, GREAT cards!

Julie Koerber said...

You are good! I am impressed! All three in less than 24 hours! WOWZA! And, they are all great! Thanks for playing!

Anthonette said...

You did a great job with the sketches. I like all 3 cards.