Monday, January 28, 2008

More Heart Day cards



As I mentioned in this post, I made some Valentine's Day cards to mail to Beate so that they would be distributed to soldiers in Qatar.

I also included these two cards that were in my stash that I made about a year ago. These are nice cards, but they are much simpler than what I generally do now.

I still really like the simple cards, but now I seem to always want to add something more. Sometimes it's good to get back to the basics and the simple clean lines. This is a card I made just a few days ago.



This card uses a classic colour combo of Real Red, black and white. You can make a really classy card with black, white and any accent colour. The background is stamped using the Whimsy jumbo wheel and Versamark ink, then embossed with Iridescent Ice.

The hearts are stamped in Real Red using the retired Doodle That set. The sentiment is from the Stem Sayings set. This set was designed to be used with the Pick a Petal set that I used a few days ago, but I love these sentiments as independent elements of a card.




You can see the sparkle in this photo, but it's much more glittery in real life.

Tomorrow I will have two cards that were inspired by the Stamping Mama, and her cards that are done without stamping.

No comments: