Thursday, November 22, 2007

How I got started



These are two of the first 3 cards I ever made. The other one I gave away before I took a photo of it.

I have always considered myself to be a crafty person, but I have always dabbled in a bit of everything. In early 2006, a friend was working at a scrapbook store in town and convinced me to attend a card making class. All three cards we made were rubber stamped, and I was hooked.


Unfortunately, that scrapbook store was focussed on scrapbooking, not card making, and there were very few stamps available. Every time I went to the big box crafting store I looked at the stamps and supplies, but it was extremely overwhelming.

Then, in February of 2007 I attended my first Stampin Up! home workshop. I had a great time, spent lots of money, and came home and went right to ebay to try and buy more stamps and accessories. Some of what I got was good, some was less than good. I hosted my first party in April of 2007, and signed up to become a demonstrator right after that workshop. Since that time, things have kind of exploded. I have bought lots, and lots of product from Stampin Up!, but I have also expanded my stamp stash to include sets from Hanna Stamps, Stamping Bella, Gina K, and Papertrey Ink.

I am still learning, and experimenting, but thanks to the blogs I read daily (check the sidebar) and the online community of Split Coast Stampers (SCS) I have improved my paper crafting and stamping exponentially in the past 8 months. Thanks to the entire stamping community for the ideas, inspiration and support.

This blog is an opportunity for me to showcase some of my projects and share my love for stamping and paper crafting. I hope you are inspired, and you come back and visit again.

No comments: