Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick Card, Quick Post

This was a super quick card, and will be a really quick post as I am out the door for meetings all day.

Here is the sketch that Lauren gave us.



She also gave a few instructions. The flowers are meant to be any flourish, and the vertical piece is hanging ribbon or cardstock.

Here is the card that I came up with.



I am in Christmas mode trying to get all of my Christmas cards ready to put in the mail within the next week. This card came together REALLY quickly. Under 15 minutes. That must be some sort of record for me. DH even commented when I showed him the completed card "wow, that was fast".

I love making holiday cards that don't use traditional colours, and I wanted to use some of that luscious Chocolate Chip satin ribbon. The snowflake is a plastic ornament that came in a package of 25 for a dollar at Dollarama. What a bargain!



As always, please check out the rest of the sketch challenge team. And we would love to have you play along.

Keep in mind the sketch is just inspiration to get you going, you don't have to follow it exactly.

Lauren Meader http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com Alicia Weimen http://happystamp.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! Love the non-traditional winter colors and the snowflake that you used. I think this is my favorite sketch card that you've done!

Alicia Weiman said...

I saw your note.....owe my, our cards are almost identical. I love those snowflakes you used. Great minds must think alike!!! I have one of those pazzle inspirations.....it's a long story, but I love it. That is what I cut my snowflakes on. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Deborah said...

Just lovely! Beautiful colors! Deb

Tamara said...

This is beautiful, I love the colors and the snowfake is amazing. Great card :)