Thursday, March 27, 2008

Challenging Colour Challenge

I don't know how I found Kristina Werner, but I *LOVE* her Make a Card Monday videos, and I have been following her blog for about a month or so. Recently she started posting colour challenges, and this is the first one that I have completed.

The combo came from this photo from Pier One.

Translated into SU colours we have Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Basic Black and Whisper White.

I found this colour combo to be particularly hard because I don't like Orchid Opulence. It's not a colour I use very often, and it's the only colour in which I haven't bought a full pack of paper.

I knew I wanted to use one of my new sets from the Occasions Mini, so I chose Tart and Tangy since the orange could be pumpkin pie, and the cherries, or the strawberry would look good in rose red.

This is a very plain card for me, but I really struggled with the colours, and didn't know what else to add.



The sentiment is from the rub ons also available in the Occasions Mini.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, i love your card too i like cards more simple and i think you have interpreted the combo well. look forward to taking part with you in the weeks to come. Amanda

Corie said...

I love this card -- FANTASTIC

Robyn said...

I love your card. Thanks for your comment you left on my blog. The main reason I don't use sentiments is the minimalist in me and the fact that if I am in a hurry I can use just about any card for any reason. I am an instant gratification woman too! I will be spending Monday with Tim Holtz at Ranger on the Road. Looking forward to that. Have a great weekend. Robyn from Maine

Paula said...

I love your creations. They are so bright and happy!

Deanna said...

Cute card, I so wish I had those rub ons!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for the comment! You are the very first person to comment on one of my cards. I just created my blog a few weeks ago. I guess Katrina Werner's challenges are bringing us all together.

I love all the creativity I'm seeing in these blogs! I've been checking out your great blog too.