Monday, February 4, 2008

Valentine's Gifts

I am sorry for the short gap in my posts. I was feeling 'blah' over the past few days. You know, where you don't have energy, your creativity is nil, and you don't really have anything to say. Well, that was me for a few days. But after a very productive and crafty weekend I am back with some projects.

I have no idea why these are called sour cream containers, but they are soooo easy, and absolutely adorable. I used Beate's tutorial on SCS as my starting point, but these ones are smaller than the sample.



These are made with Cerise (retired), Holiday Harmony (retired), and Berry Bliss designer paper from SU.

The paper was cut to 3x4 to make these 'treat sized' containers. I made 50 of these this morning, 27 went to my sister to handout to her students on Valentine's day, and the other 23 are in the empty cinnamon hearts container in the photo above. It took 2 containers of cinnamon hearts to make 50 treats.

These are so easy, I did all of the cutting, taping and filling of all 50 in under 2 hours. It was only a couple of minutes each.



The second gift was inspired by Melanie's gift box. Melanie is an absolutely FANTASTIC stamper and designer. She not only designs great projects for her blog, but she also designs stamp sets that are available in Gina's Store.



This box is actually the plastic box that Papertrey stamps come in when they are mailed out. The stamp used is from the Time Well Spent hostess set that all of us SU demos got for free a few month ago. This is actually the first time I have used this set.

The ribbon is Real Red grosgrain, and the other three sides of the box are covered with Cerise paper (retired). The flowers are coloured with the Red Atyou glitter pen. The jellybeans and cinnamon hearts are from an assorted package that I got at Shopper's Drug Mart for $2.oo. This is such a cute way to give candy. Thanks Melanie!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You did a wonderful job with this!! very nice use of the hostess set, I love the three heart strip voer the window! thank you for the mention, I'm glad you tried it out! really like those sour cream containers with the DP, too, cute!!!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great job on the containers, I've never used dp on them. I thought I'd let you know why they are called sour cream containers. In the US, if you got a baked potato at Wendy's the sour cream wouldn't be in a container like we have in Canada rather a paper tube like these and you would cut the corner then squeeze out the sour cream. So, that is how they got their name.