Sunday, July 19, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challange

I am totally *in love* with Dawn McVey's bright and unique colour combinations, and every week she posts her Raspberry Suite colour challenge, but this is the first time I have played along.



Dawn gave us this wonderful photo, and the colours above. And here is the card that I made.



I chose Pixie Pink as my bright pink, and Bravo Burgendy as my dark red.

It's hard to tell, with all the sponging, but the Bubble Gum Tree image is stamped on cream cardstock and the base is also made of cream cardstock.



I added Prima flowers, dew drops, and crystal effects to add dimension to the various parts of the tree. The tree trunk is sponged with burgundy, and the background is sponged with Certainly Celery.



The ribbons are a cream grosgrain from Stampin' Up, and a burgundy velvet ric rac from May Arts, purchased from one of Jody's previous ribbon sales.

2 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a super funky tree! Fabulous job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Karen said...

Fun tree! Love that velvet ric rac you've got on there! :>