Saturday, June 6, 2009

Christmas sketch challenge

The sketch challenge this week was a really simple one for me. I think this sketch lends itself to using patterned paper, and I have lots of that to use :)

Here is the sketch we were given,



and here is my card.



I had originally planned on continuing my week in Unity with the sketch from Lauren this week, but I *just* received my adorable Oven Fresh stamp set from the amazing Clare Brennan and I had to make something right away!

Clare is an absolutely fabulous artist, and her cards, and 3-d projects blow me away. I am so glad she has decided to start designing her own stamps.

The Gingerbread Man was stamped on chocolate chip cardstock, after I had peeled the paper in two and had a softer look to the paper.



The icing is done with Opal perfect pearls, and the buttons are Holly Stickles.

Please make sure you check out the rest of the sketch team to see their fabulous creations.



Lauren
Dawn
MacKenzie
Maria
Kendra
Kristen
Tracey
Pam
Jennifer
Odette
Lisa
Dana
Alicia

9 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Cool technique separating the layers of the cardstock! I thought you had run it through an embossing folder! Really cute card!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is a great Christmas card, Tamara! It made me crave gingerbread as soon as I saw it! LOL Love your patterned paper and how you "iced" the gingerbread man.

Unknown said...

Fabulous Tamara - you did a great job with the little dude!!

Handmade by Odette said...

Wow! Seems that you are "almost" ready for Christmas!!! :) Great card Tamara, I love gingerbread man so much and yours is not the exception!! Love it!

Dana Gustafson said...

oooh! Love the peeled cardstock...makes him look fresh out of the oven! This is a wonderful card with Claire's cute stamps.

Unknown said...

Tamara - tooo cute! I ♥ these stamps by Claire -- I want to get them soon :) Like your gingerbread -- looks good enough to eat :)

AKiteFlier said...

Adorable card Tamara - love that little gingerbread guy - Claire is SO talented. Nice to know you can pull that paper apart. I agree that this sketch was destined for DP for me too.
:-)

Maria said...

Very cute christmas card! I love little gingerbread men images, too cute!

Heather said...

I can't believe that you are making christmas cards already! I have about a million things to do before then . . . Christmas still seems so far away!