Friday, May 8, 2009

Mom

Today it's inspiration time for Lauren's Saturday My Time to Create team.

This was the inspiration photo.



And here is my project. I used the colours in the dress, and the flowers as my inspiration for this project.



I had a wooden frame that I got at the dollar store. I painted it with watered down white acrylic paint, then added the flowers using the eraser from a wooden pencil.



I used acrylic paints that I have had for many years, and some of them were thicker than others, which added to the dimension.



The letters are cut from the sunset sizzix alphabet, and the only stamp I used is my favourite one from Unity, Wish Sticks. It was stamped on a super thin coaster using brown paint.



The centre panel is a quote I found online, and I printed it on flecked cream cardstock using Becky Higgins font.

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine
she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.
Adabella Radici

Please check out the rest of the design team, and join us this week!

Lauren
MacKenzie
Maria
Kendra
Kristen
Tracey
Pam
Jennifer
Odette
Lisa
Dana
Alicia

9 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

What a thoughtful gift!! Any Mom would love to receive this!

Alicia Weiman said...

That's a neat idea for a Mother's Day gift...your quote is so nice!

Unknown said...

WOW -- this is gorgeous Tamara! The quote is the perfect touch!

Dawn Easton said...

Great quote to use for Mom! I bet she is going to love this! I can't remember the last time I used my acrylic paints...must pull them out soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristin Eberline said...

What sweet gift for Mother's Day! Love the quote :)

Lisa Kind said...

I'm sure your mom will love this...especially that fabulous quote! Great project!

Dana Gustafson said...

Great idea Tamara! And the quote is lovely. I love your eraser flowers too. Gad you made it to the challenge :)

DoxieGirl said...

This is just so sweet! Love the handpainted flowers with the pencil eraser - so homemade and shabby chic!
~Kendra

Unknown said...

This is very pretty Tamara - but it's creative genius to use the eraser to stamp!!!! thanks for the fab comment - you made me smile - but!!! that's not the reason - stay tuned to find out!!! Lol