Monday, April 20, 2009

Mojo Monday - 83, Tamara - 1

I have heard about Mojo Monday for quite a while, but I have never participated. Until today!

I made this card for my partner who was SUPER supportive this weekend as I crafted most of the day Saturday, and for a few hours Sunday morning making a gift for a friend's baby shower. (That project coming later this week).



I think I followed the sketch pretty well for a first try.



Initially, I had done the card without a sentiment, but it looked kind of dark, so I added the sentiment which really brightened it up.



This was a REALLY quick card for me (about 10 minutes). I used Mocha Chica stamps and Mocha Chica paper, both from the Kim Hughes collection at CHF.

The bottom scallops were cut with some r-e-a-l-l-y old decorative scissors because I don't have a scallop punch of any kind.

The "branch" is from the Bird with Leaves & Flowers die that I got from SU.



The bird is popped, and the wing is pieced, and popped to add some great dimension.

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Super cute. I agree--I like how the sentiment lightens it up! GREAT job!

craftNmommy said...

You did great! I love mojo mondays--just wish i had more time to do them.:)

Unknown said...

Hi Tamara, great job on the card - lovely to see you at Mojo monday - I'm a newbie there too.!

Created With Paper said...

Tamara, I just love birds, and what a perfect sentiment to match, lovely job, I've just discovered Mojo Monday, I think I'll have to play too!

Unknown said...

This came out super cute. Great job on the sketch. Visiting via mojo monday blog,