Saturday, August 16, 2008

Better late than never...

I had all intentions of getting this post up on time, particularly since Lauren sent out this sketch with LOTS of time. But, as sometimes is the case, life got in the way.

My sister left for England on Thursday, and the week leading up to her departure was full of packing and organizing since she is going to be gone for a whole year.

The other factor in my late posting is that I forgot that white craft ink takes FOREVER to dry.

Here is the sketch we had to work with.



I just recently received my Father Knows Best stamps from PaperTrey, and I wanted to show them some ink. Also, I thought this sketch would be a perfect time to finally use some square buttons that I have had for months.



In addition to the tree from Father Knows Best, I also used the circles and sentiment from Shapes by Design.

The tree was stamped on Kraft cardstock with white craft ink, and then cut out with my coluzzle. The edges were inked as well, and that is what was taking soooo long to dry. The circles from Shapes by Design were stamped in VersaMark on the Kraft base, and covered with velum paper. I was able to hide the velum adhesive under the Chocolate Chip ribbon, the two buttons, and then I only needed small dabs of adhesive under the corners.




In this close up you can see that I stamped some of the extra circles and cut them out to add some depth and dimension. The paper is adhered to the back of the buttons with Crystal Effects, and the twine helps tie in with the Kraft paper.

Make sure you check out all of the other members of Lauren's sketch team.

Lauren Meader http://laurenmblogs.splitcoaststampers.com
Alicia Weimen http://happystamp.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Anthonette said...

Very nice! I love the look of white craft ink on kraft paper. I like those Papertrey Ink stamps. I don't own any yet, but I like them when I see them.

K said...

Nice job! I see you love PTI too :). I really love the square buttons.

Alicia Weiman said...

Lovely card.....everytime I see this stamp set used I want it!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh the buttons are perfect!! Nice touch! Thanks for doing a fab job, and playing along with us

Sankari W. said...

what a beautiful card!! the white ink really makes it look so elegant and polished! and i love the circles that pop out - beautiful card!

Kim Gasper said...

I love the buttons! So cute.