Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mother's Day for Grandma

I have been waiting for a couple of weeks for this stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I have no idea how Maria does it, but the detail of the layering of her stamps is unbelievable. They look so real once they are stamped.


This is the card I am going to send to my grandma for mother's day.

I played with the stamps immediately once they arrived. I stamped this rose using only Purely Pomegranate ink, stamped off twice, then once, then at full strength.

The sentiment "Grandmother" is from Women of Life from PTI. One of my favourite things about acrylic stamps is that they are flexible. I was able to create the curve in the word to follow the oval I cut using my coluzzle.

The Certainly Celery oval was cut with the coluzzle one size larger than the designer paper, then trimmed with some of my very old, and sadly neglected, scalloped scissors.

The card base is 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 Not Quite Navy. The photo makes it look more purple, but it really is blue in real life.

No comments: